January 15, 2017

Cheers to a New Year, New You, The January Projects Edition

When it comes to New Year's Resolutions, it's never been a success for me. This year, I'm taking a different approach and turning what most know as Resolutions into goals.

I want to start building a good life for my family. This does not mean I'm looking to get rich. Far from that!

It also doesn't mean I'm made of money and can invest in big bucks or really, any money to get to the road I want to take. After all, we single moms are not made of money. Some of us can't even afford to invest even 10 dollars. I know I can't, so I plan to accomplish my goals on an extremely tight budget, meaning I'm not spending a dime for the most part. And yes, this can be done.

The goal:

I want to create a life that will allow me as a single mom to be with my kids rather than away from home at a 9-5 job working for someone else. We are a family of 5, so this will not be easy, but whoever says it will be, is in for a big surprise!
  
And, I want my readers who also want to create a better life for themselves and their family to come along on this journey. 

Here's what I already know that we need to remember each and every day!


1) It's not going to happen over night, but it will happen.

2) There will be successful days and there will be bad days. 

3) There will be mistakes that I'll be learning from and sharing with you. We are all human after all.

4) This is our life. We cannot make excuses. Instead we must turn those excuses into small baby steps each and every day! We are not throwing in the towel no matter how complicated life gets! 

5) No matter what your goals are, the steps I'll be learning and doing can apply to your own goals that I'll teach you along the way.

6) We have to start somewhere, so how about right now!

What I've learned so far, that you'll want to write down. I personally love real notebooks, but I've also been known to use Google apps on my phone to plug in tasks and goals.

My current Google app I'm loving so far is an App called My Effectiveness. It's still new to me, so I don't know a whole lot about it, but if you're interested in the app you can do a search for it in the Google Play Store and get it for FREE.

The first thing I started with is writing down no little than 3, but no more than 8 Projects I want to complete in January. 

My January Projects Are:

1. Update my Professional Facebook page. I currently have 118 likes. I want to see more readers like my page, but I know it needs a lot of work. This is where I am starting.

2. Update my Twitter page.

3. Update my Instagram page

4. Update my Pinterest page.

5. Update my YouTube Account

6. Update my Podcast

7. Update my Blog

8. Promote my Novel, The Generation


I know that looks like a lot for this month, but this is why we are breaking down each project into small 10 minute bites. One project at a time.

Now, since I'm focusing on my Facebook page first, I broke this down into small baby steps. 

The first thing I did was updated my profile image. People love to see a new image of you, and the last one I had was for October! 

My next goal which I will leave you with, is to create the correct cover photo size for my page. The one I currently have on there is a photo image of my novel, which looks out of proportion. And I want my viewers to know I'm not just an author, so time to update that image!

If you're working on your professional Facebook page and you need help with these steps, please feel free to leave a comment.

So with this said, I'm off to resize my image! See you soon! 


Joy Smith also known as The Insane Writer, is the author of the Sci-Fi novel, The Generation. She can be found on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+ and LinkedIn.

Join shareasale.com, Earn Cash!