May 7, 2015

Be Careful, Your Eggs Could Turn Bad Without Warning!

I’m a fan of John Chow and have been since the dawn of his online time. I would swallow up his knowledge that he so wholeheartedly shared with his readers and cherished the fact that he didn’t charge readers for every blog post they read. He gave knowledge without expecting anything in return. Even if you couldn’t afford his tips and even greater blogging knowledge, it was okay because he still shared much of his success through his posts. He never gaveth and taketh away. John Chow even said time and time again, never put all of your eggs into one basket. I’ve always admired those wise words and tried to follow them by not relying heavily on one program or website for my income. But lately, I’ve realized that those eggs should just be income related.

I’ve always admired other bloggers that have successful businesses like John Chow, both on and offline. I’ve now learned my lesson because it has cost me precious time and email space I could be spending elsewhere. One big blogger/business owner that I admired with great passion started out sharing her knowledge just as John Chow did. I soaked in the business side and mom/wife side of Savor the Success. She had a wonderful website/blog and posted many great videos. For me she became an inspiration and I took the time to listen to what she had to say about her business and the mistakes she learned, etc. I even subscribed to her newsletter, which included other moms/wives starting businesses who showcased their own knowledge of success as an entrepreneur. Then wham, suddenly Savor the Success decided to cut off all knowledge of her videos (even old ones), stopped sending her newsletter and closed shop on her blog/website for those who couldn’t pay up to obtain a membership to her knowledge and success. Needless to say I was heartbroken, but I also learned my lesson. Not all Entreprenuers are willing to be one of the good eggs in this life. Once they become a huge success or have a great idea, they can become a bad egg that needs to be thrown out, no matter how big of an inspiration they once were to you.

Another great blogger and successful online entrepreneur I also admired was Shoemoney. Now his story was far different than Success’s. While he did offer a lot of great information on his blog in the beginning without charging his fans for it, after a while I started to notice that his information was almost the exact same information as blogger John Chow and another favorite of mine, Problogger. There was nothing unique of his own and if there was, he wanted to profit from it. In other words, his blog wasn’t unique, it wasn’t fresh!

With that being said, be careful where you choose to put your eggs, not only when sourcing income, but knowledge as well.

Joy Smith also known as The Insane Writer, is the author of the Sci-Fi novel, The Generation. She can be found on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+ and LinkedIn.


Join shareasale.com, Earn Cash!