April 27, 2015

The Wisest Friend I Know Once Said, "I Generally Don't Watch TV."

A friend of mine once said, "I generally don't watch anything that doesn't educate me or isn't useful in some way."

At first, I didn't want to believe her, but after a while, it suddenly dawned on me, "What a great idea!"

I mean seriously, "Why the heck not!"

Why not watch the 90% of the television you do, for educational purposes only. If you're an avid book reader, do the same. Educate and surround yourself with knowledge. Almost 99% of what we view and let our kids view on television is junk, crap, garbage, or whatever name you want to call it anyway, so if we're going to turn on that big black movie screen, we might as well put it to some really good use.

The 1% of the time I do find myself watching television, you may see me more often than not on these two Channels:


Check Out The Cooking Channel and Learn to Cook Something New and Exciting
Get Ideas and How -To's on the HGTV Channel for Your Next Home Improvement Project

There's just far too much crap on television today, so I've been finding myself veering away from it and  spending my time working on my novel, crafting my jars or finding great project ideas on pinterest.



Joy Smith also known as The Insane Writer, is the author of the Sci-Fi novel, The Generation. She can be found on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+ and LinkedIn.


Join shareasale.com, Earn Cash!