February 17, 2015

A Magazine Trash Can Project

I've been doing a lot of crafts lately to pass the time and keep me from being beyond bored. One thing that caught my eye in DIY projects on Pinterest was recycling old magazine into some pretty cool pieces for practically free. So I got crafty and made a trash can for the bathroom. 

Here is the result:
Paper Trash Can
Magazine Coiled Paper Trash Can

As you can see, it's by far my best work, but it was a fun project. I marble painted it because one color just didn't do it justice. What I did learn along the way for this project was:

  • Hot glue is not a good choice. It tends to leave strings of glue on your project, permanently.
  • It's better to use scissors to cut the paper edges for a smoother finish rather than rough edges.
  • Using a mold is a good idea because as you can see from my photo above, if you don't it causes  a warping effect. 
  • The picture above doesn't do this project justice. It really does look better in person.
Joy Smith also known as The Insane Writer, is the author of the Sci-Fi novel, The Generation. You can email her at silent_beautie@yahoo.com She can also be found on Twitter @theinsanewriter.


Join shareasale.com, Earn Cash!