February 9, 2015

3 Very Real Reasons Why You Need to Run From Your Tax Preparer

Unprofessionalism has been more and more common for so many businesses, even small towns like Coffeyville, Kansas, it's downright ridiculous. And this isn't the first time the town's folk are getting the shitty end of the stick. Last year I happened to be in town and needed my tags renewed. Check out what happened: The More I Learn, the More I Dislike Coffeyville, KS

 Today, I got a first hand look with a tax preparer's unprofessional ways, sadly more than once!

  1. Repeating another client's personal information  -I don't know about for the rest of you, but this one is a very big no-no in my book. I just don't understand how anyone claiming to be a professional business can so easily repeat personal information aloud without a care in the world. If I were a very bad person, I could have easily saved that poor man's name, address, social security number, phone number and credit card information to my phone for later use! I worry about others who may have had their information compromised in a very bad way with someone who is not like me.
  2.  Taking personal phone calls while with a client  - Not only did the tax preparer give out the client's personal information, but also took a personal phone called and chatted for 5 minutes on the phone while with that client! Excuse me, but you are not there getting paid by that client to BS on the phone. Put your cell phone away!
  3. Discussing missing clients tax forms in front of a client - Okay, so you lost tax forms and can't find them. Yes, it's a big deal, but you step aside with the owner quietly and discuss this. You do not talk about this in front of a room full of people, including your client! And on a more positive note, let's hope those missing tax forms aren't already filled out clients' forms!

 With these three reasons, you can bet I'm not going to use them to prepare my taxes, ever! In fact, my advice is if you ever come across a similar  scenario with any business, run, run like hell and don't look back! Your worth more than that!

If you're stuck at who to trust, try: 

H&R Block Tax Software Basic 2014 Win [Download]


I have used their services for the past several years to get my taxes done and have never had a problem with them yet! When a business or service is working great, why mess with that greatness?


  Joy Smith also known as The Insane Writer, is the author of the Sci-Fi novel, The Generation. You can email her at silent_beautie@yahoo.com She can also be found on Twitter @theinsanewriter.


Join shareasale.com, Earn Cash!