November 17, 2014

The Real-life Romance of Superman and Lois Lane

I'm sure many of us know of someone who is a fan of a comic book hero like Superman and some of us may even know of a real-life hero. Well, I have a very good friend who many know as Superman. Not only is he a huge fan of the comic book hero, he is one of the few men that I know who truly lives through honor and respect of those around him. But there's more to Superman than just being an everyday hero. There's a life very few people get to truly see. It's the heart and soul of a man in love. Below is his story......

I met Lois in college while standing in line at admissions. It wasn't your typical meet and greet either! Standing there minding my own business when someone scratches down my back lightly..sending shivers up my spine, very sensual shivers at that! Intrigued, I turned around and discovered a beautiful brunette with blonde highlights smiling that smile. You know the one, the one that says, "I know we'll be together some day:)" We introduced ourselves..Lois and Clark. Who knew the future of those names? As it turned out, we had several classes and breaks together.

Between saving the day, making corny excuses as I went, and classes, we'd study together and talk. Always, those gorgeous brown eyes glancing up at my hazel blues. One evening, on break, we were both hungry. I offered to drive her to Wendy's. She was hesitant at first, guess having a General as a father does that to you. But her heart won out and she acceded to going.

We parked in an empty lot to eat and chat. Both nervously talking as the rain started patterning on the windshield. I was very nervous, imagine the Man of Steel nervous over anything! I very much wanted to kiss her:) No ideas were forthcoming on how to proceed. Lois was nervous too, I could see it on her face. I told her to count the raindrops that fell on my windshield. She proceeded to count and I kissed her on the nape of her neck causing her to lose track around twenty drops.

We knew from that moment that we were destined to be together. The evening ended as so many others do, an emergency only I could hear beckoned to be answered in a red blue blur! Making up yet another pathetic excuse, score another for a Clarkism.

Exiting quickly, donning my red and blues, I thought, "She's the one for me!" Flying away with a lopsided smile, I truly felt bad for whomever caused that night to end so abruptly. Up, up, and away for now. Oh, by the way, those excuses are coming along much better now that she knows who I truly am. Be good, honor your parents, and obey the laws. - Matthew Cramer