November 12, 2013

Nastiness at its Stickiest

When you live in an older home, you're bound to find something left behind by its previous owners. Sometimes it can be exciting and sometimes it can be downright disgusting. I remember when I was expecting my oldest son and the old newspapers and personal papers we found when we remodeled one of the rooms in the house. It was interesting to find a piece of history and actually see it.

But I also remember growing up as a kid and my dad finding socks covered in human fecal matter hidden in an attic. Really disgusting.

Recently I was doing some deep cleaning and discovered on the top of the kitchen cabinets a sticky tan substance that took nearly two hours and one ruined scrubbing pad just to get to come off.

Here are the before and after shots of my deep cleaning efforts: