October 23, 2013

My Journey to Utopia

My love for coffee led me on a journey to Utopia, a little coffee and pastry shop with a big heart. Located in downtown Coffeyville, Kansas, Utopia resides in the old cinema building on west 10th.

When you first enter the shop, it is a little confusing on where to place an order. Also, none of their baked goods are labeled and there is a very limited selection of coffee flavors.

I chose a lemon scone that was a little on the dry side and seemed to have lemon peels as the main ingredient. Not worth $2. As for my coffee I chose a caramel macchiato to drink, which contained milk and whipped cream. Not a good combination for me at $5.

The atmosphere doesn't boast much for a relaxing environment and the furnishings are uncomfortable, unstable and mis-matched.

However, th co-owners and their employees are very friendly and our older generation seem to enjoy the place. Will I return? Maybe. Only time will tell. But for now I'll enjoy my coffee elsewhere.

If you're interested in more about Utopia, you can visit them on facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Utopia-LLC/261661909845