July 13, 2013

A Darker Side by the Insane Poet

It's not like my grandfather to keep things like this from me. He's been the closest father-figure I've had since dad left. I just can't believe he would hide this.

I stood there studying the shelves of ancient scrolls and books. I walked across the room to the center where a granite stand was positioned. A glass box rested on the stand, the lock on it, open.

Inside the box were two masonic rings that lay snug in their own resting place. Picking up one of the rings to examine it up close, I realized it was a trigger that opened a hidden door to a secret room just a few feet in front of me.

The room seemed to be engulfed in a mist of darkness, almost as if it contained a darker side, a darker place where secrets were hidden. A place where souls were lost to those closest to them. I took a deep breath and approached the door.