May 17, 2013

Trouble, Big Trouble

"You'll need to buy auto lifts if you want to raise your car up." The mechanic handed the clipboard to me, complete with a running total of everything I needed for the job. I glanced at the paperwork, signed my name to it and nodded an okay to get the job done.

Little did he know, I didn't have the money to get it done, but there was no reason he needed to know that. I needed the lift kit installed and this was the only place in town that wasn't popular and didn't demand payment up front.

I figure if the guy is good at his job, I'll pay him after my work is done. If not,well, that was his problem. And if it became his problem, he'd be moving on from this business.

It was the way I worked. It was the only way I worked and no one was going to change my mind. Even my parents should have known or else they might be around today.

Now my sister, well that's another story all together. They say she's my twin, but to me she's trouble. Big trouble.