August 15, 2012

Just Don’t Tell the Complaint Department

I switched phone companies because I like saving money. I cut my phone bill in half using straighttalk. I can't complain about the price and because I could only afford the cheapest phone they had at the time, I really can't complain about that either. What I can complain about is the fact I was told it's okay to add service to your phone before it expires and they'll just reserve it til your due date and won't nail you for it. BULLSHIT! I added service to my phone early and the day I added service is now the day my service expires for the next month. So I got screwed royally in that department. Just now learning that since my phone is letting me know it expires on my birthday, the 19th of this month. What a great birthday gift, huh?