July 25, 2012

Party of 8 For Ramen Noodle Beef Stroganoff

I’m not huge into the Ramen Noodle thing, mainly because they’re straight up nothing but carbohydrates and a high amount of sodium. However, I find myself giving in from time to time because they’re cheap and versatile when you have a lot of people to feed and you’re on a budget.

One of the things I do find myself doing to reduce the sodium content is by not using all of the little season packets that come with the noodles. Instead, I add my own herbs and spices to the dish. In addition like most people do, I add a vegetable and protein to them so that they make a meal. Keep in mind that I simply eyeball my ingredients, so you may need to adjust accordingly. And yes, one of these days, I’ll take a photo of the results. Meanwhile, here is my recipe for:

Ramen Noodle Beef Stroganoff  

Makes 8 servings

  • 8 packages of beef or roast beef ramen noodles
  • 3 LBS of ground beef
  • 2 TBS Onion Powder
  • 2 TBS Garlic Powder
  • 2 TBS Parsley
  • 1 TBS Ground Sage
  • 2 TBS Ground Black Pepper
  • 8 OZ sour cream
  • 4 OZ cream cheese
  • 8 OZ Jar or can of mushrooms (drained)
  • 2 cups of milk
  • 6 Cups of water

Cook ground beef and drain fat. Add onion and garlic powder, parsley, sage, black pepper, 4 packets of the beef seasoning from the ramen noodles, mushrooms, milk sour cream and cream cheese mix and set aside. Meanwhile, cook ramen noodles  in water until tender and then drain. Add beef mixture to ramen noodles and mix thoroughly. Serve immediately.