June 3, 2012

The Feeling of Ghosts

I like cemeteries. They have always fascinated me as well as the idea of paranormal. Most people don’t believe and others are simply scared of the possibility of other life out there. But I have never shied away from it. Even as a child, I saw things that were out of the ordinary. Just ask my cousin who after one night of staying at my new home, decided never to return after both of my bedroom doors opened and closed at the same time.

That same house a picture fell off the wall right after my parents talked about046 moving. It continued to fall until they stopped.

Years later, I was walking home from high school when someone tapped me on the shoulder and whispered my name, yet when I turned around, no one was there. Doing my own research they say when a ghost whispers your name it means death is coming your way. Well, I’ve seen enough of that, thank you very much.

Several years later, I’m sitting at my desk passing the time, doing some work because I’d wanted to go to my great uncle’s funeral, but wasn’t able to. You see when I was about 4 years old my parents always visited my great-grandmother and great-uncle at least once a week. And every time I was getting ready to go home with my parents, my great-uncle would playfully tease me and say, ohh no you’re staying with us and lightly pull my hair.

So there I am years later in my 20’s just sitting there minding my own business when someone starts tugging on the back of my hair. I turn, only to find no one is there. Then, I noticed the time. The start of my great-uncle’s funeral. I think it was his way of saying, it’s okay and goodbye. It wasn’t long after that, that I began noticing the chewing tobacco smell of him, everywhere I went. Then, one day it just stopped.

I haven’t had any other experiences since then, unless you count the dreams that became real or the knowings that happened. Like the dream of the man with the shoulder length dark hair in the cemetery rescuing me from whatever was chasing me. I miss those times. I really do.