April 18, 2012

May I Have Your Attention Please. Do You Make it or Do You Break it?

Sometimes it takes a great deal of just breathe it’s going to be okay in the end, kind of patience just to deal with some companies. And when it comes to customer reviews, they can either make or break a company in some instances.

For example, a while back I was watching a video from a very successful business owner. Her company had been given a bad review simply because the customer who was not really a customer, was angry because she had been given a negative review herself from that business owner for an unsatisfactory job she’d been hired for with the owner. As a result of that bad review, the owner’s business looked like a bad risk to other potential clients. In the end however, the review was removed after the truth was discovered.

Another example of negative feedback from customers comes from a major company that makes one want to cringe when it comes to dealing with that particular business when it simply cannot be avoided, which was the case I happened to be involved in. In the end, as a customer myself, I won because I have the proof to back up my claims.

Not all reviews are bad, however.  I’ve been known to give positive reviews to a few good local businesses here in Independence, Kansas that have gone above and beyond. I also have a very good friend who goes above and beyond with his business by staying later than his business hours in order to help a client who is in desperate need of help. He’s an exceptional man whom I have no doubt will go very far with his businesses.

What about you? Do you have a business that customers have left a review of? Was it good or bad? How did you handle it? I once told someone that customers have a major influence on all that you do, and when it comes to reviews, listen to what they have to say. Take their advice and see if you can learn something from it. Good or bad. He didn’t like my suggestion and decided to tell those customers to take a flying leap if they didn’t like the way he ran his business. Not good way to run your business in my opinion and if I remember correctly, his business went straight down the toilet not long after that. Yep!