April 6, 2012

Extra Extra. Pepto-Bismol Replaced By Baking Soda For Natural Heartburn Relief, Says the Insane Writer

A few hellish nights ago I couldn’t sleep. The tamales and spicy guacamole I’d had for lunch that afternoon was coming back to haunt me by that devilish medical condition known as heartburn.

Now the old me would have raided the medicine cabinet for the favored pink liquid most of us know as Pepto-Bismol. But, I was out of it for one and for two, I’ve been favoring more towards natural health alternatives when possible. So somewhere I remembered reading that a spoonful of baking soda mixed with water is a great substitute for the pink stuff, and let me tell you it works and faster than a speeding bullet! Within minutes my heartburn had literally disappeared after consuming a small glass of the baking soda and water mixture. How insane is that? No more Pepto for me!