February 24, 2012

My Insane Version Of Jalapeno Cheddar Popovers

When I am looking for a good recipe online, I always have trouble finding one that suits me perfectly. So, instead I tend to find a basic recipe for what I am looking for, then make it my own.

Today after I dropped the kids off for school, I decided I needed a nice simple breakfast to go with my Jasmine Green Tea I had made this morning. At first a scone sounded good, but as hungry as I am, I was not patient enough to make scones. I decided on popovers.

However, not just any plain popover would do. So I added a few extra ingredients to the light and airy bread.

Jalapeno Cheddar Popovers

1 Cup Milk ( I used coconut because I cannot digest cow’s milk )

1 Cup Flour ( I like whole-wheat since it’s healthier )

2 Eggs

2 Tbsp. diced fresh Jalapeno

!/4 Cup Shredded Cheese

1/2 Tsp. Sea Salt

1/2 Tsp. Garlic Red Bell Pepper Seasoning

!/2 Tsp. Rosemary Tomato Seasoning

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Generously grease a 12 cup muffin tin with butter or cooking spray. In a medium mixing bowl mix ingredients together and immediately spoon each tin with a batter filling it halfway only. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.

Makes 12 servings.