August 2, 2011

Walking in Walmart

Even with jobs becoming more available, prices are still ridiculous no matter where you shop. And if it's not the prices that get you, it's the taxes. It's also why walking in walmart here is a rare event for me anymore. I simply can't afford to spend a fortune on any items and would rather buy from our own homeland verses somewhere else.

Now don't get me wrong. I don't have anything against the good people from other countries, but we also need to look out for our own, and that's something we just haven't been doing at all lately. So when I can, I shop our local shops where products are made here and I visit our farmer's market  in Independence Kansas for the very same reason. I've been trying to avoid processed foods as much as possible and cooking from scratch instead.

I've also been taking advantage of Mother Nature's resources like the sun to save money. I've been using it to make tea, dry fruits and veggies and dry clothing. Now, if only I can grow a garden!!!


Joy Smith also known as The Insane Writer, is the author of the Sci-Fi novel, The Generation. You can email her at silent_beautie@yahoo.com She can also be found on Twitter @theinsanewriter.



WomenFreebies.com - Enter to Win Royal Secret II Perfume