May 2, 2011

The Road Less Traveled

There comes a time in life when you really have to sit down and think about what you want to hold onto and what you should be letting go of. But it's also hard to just let go when you've been holding on for so long.

There are so many things in my life that I know I should be letting go of and then there's so many things in my life that I know I should be holding onto, and while they're still a lot of things I need to work through, I also know I have a long road ahead of me. It will take some time, but someday I will be where I've relieved to be in life. And I know part of that will involve my babies, the love of my life and the things I'm passionate about, like my writing.

But even my writing will change because what I'm really passionate about is writing stories. That's where my heart lies. And while I've really like being a freelance writer and learning about so many subjects such as marketing, entertainment, health, investments and beauty, it's just not where I want to be, but for now it is fascinating and it does pay the bills.

What about you? Is there another road you should be taking, instead of the one you're traveling now? I mean really, how many of us are traveling the road we are meant to be traveling on and how many of us are walking a path that we have been forced down? I think it is time we take the path, road or what ever you may want call it that we are meant to be on, don't you?


Joy Smith also known as The Insane Writer, is the author of the Sci-Fi novel, The Generation. You can email her at silent_beautie@yahoo.com She can also be found on Twitter @theinsanewriter.


WomenFreebies.com - Enter to Win Royal Secret II Perfume