I've been burned out on cereal for the past week or so, so I've been skipping breakfast, or just making coffee or tea my choice of nutrition in the morning. Not a good thing, of course.
Well, today I decided I needed to fuel my body with something other than coffee or tea, so I chose leftovers from yesterday's lunch. Which, turned out yummy, by the way.
Now here's my 2nd lesson. Be very careful what you heat up in a microwave. I had some leftover guacamole that I heated for a mere 30 seconds along with my breakfast, but when I opened the microwave door, the guacamole exploded right onto my face, neck and chest. And while I managed to walk away un-scalded, some of the guacamole, which contained jalapeno juice, got into my eye.
I don't believe there will be any serious damage, but my eye is still burning from the guacamole and my vision is still slightly blurry. I am hoping this will pass since I don't have any sort of health insurance, but if it doesn't, I will be making a visit to the eye doctor. Right now it's just a wait and see. Lesson learned.
Joy Smith also known as The Insane Writer, is the author of the Sci-Fi novel, The Generation. You can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org She can also be found on Twitter @theinsanewriter.