March 4, 2011

You Don't Have to Eat Cereal For Breakfast, But You Do Have to Watch Out For Exploding Microwaves

This morning I learned two very valuable lessons when it comes to food. The 1st lesson was, breakfast doesn't have to be cereal. In fact, breakfast doesn't have to really be breakfast at all.

I've been burned out on cereal for the past week or so, so I've been skipping breakfast, or just making coffee or tea my choice of nutrition in the morning. Not a good thing, of course.

Well, today I decided I needed to fuel my body with something other than coffee or tea, so I chose leftovers from yesterday's lunch. Which, turned out yummy, by the way.

Now here's my 2nd lesson. Be very careful what you heat up in a microwave. I had some leftover guacamole that I heated for a mere 30 seconds along with my breakfast, but when I opened the microwave door, the guacamole exploded right onto my face, neck and chest. And while I managed to walk away un-scalded, some of the guacamole, which contained jalapeno juice, got into my eye.

I don't believe there will be any serious damage, but my eye is still burning from the guacamole and my vision is still slightly blurry. I am hoping this will pass since I don't have any sort of health insurance, but if it doesn't, I will be making a visit to the eye doctor. Right now it's just a wait and see. Lesson learned.



Joy Smith also known as The Insane Writer, is the author of the Sci-Fi novel, The Generation. You can email her at silent_beautie@yahoo.com She can also be found on Twitter @theinsanewriter.




WomenFreebies.com - Enter to Win Royal Secret II Perfume