February 21, 2011

A Self-Esteem Class Inspiration

Thanks to my local library, I'm now able to access many free online classes. Of course because they are free it also means I won't be getting college credit for them, however they'll still serve a greater purpose in my life and work.

Unfortunately, I did find that it's certainly not going to be easy finding the time to take an online class. As many of you may already know, my other half is a hardcore gamer and when I told him I was taking an online class and could he keep the video game noise down a little, his response was, "Why can't you take the class when I'm not on my game?" Ha! When is he not on his game? So I took a different approach and took my class work to the bedroom for a little peace and quiet. Five minutes later he was in the bedroom asking me what I was doing. So, that didn't work either.

In addition, I didn't tell him I'm taking a self-esteem class because I'm not really sure he would see that as a real class. I only know of three people so far who see it as something that's important to me and respect that.

A big reason I chose to take the class is because I wanted to get a better understanding of the subject not only for myself, but also to help others in my community of Independence, KS and the surrounding area who may also need help with self-esteem. It's something I've wanted to do for a very long time now.

Joy Smith also known as The Insane Writer, is the author of the Sci-Fi novel, The Generation. You can email her at silent_beautie@yahoo.com She can also be found on Twitter @theinsanewriter.



WomenFreebies.com - Enter to Win Royal Secret II Perfume