January 15, 2011

Not in Independence, KS I Tell Ya

One of the things I wish we had around here is an online food delivery service. You know, where you can order groceries from a website, fresh, frozen, etc and they're delivered the very same day right to your front door.

I know bigger cities have that option, but not here in Independence, KS. We're still a fairly small community where farmers sell their goods to locals and there's only one major shopping center.

I can't complain too much, however, since we do have our local farmer's market, which is currently offered all year round and there are many great shops downtown that offer some unique goods.

Still, when it comes to groceries, we're limited unless you count fast food places, and it would be nice if we had some healthier choices around here when it comes to food shopping. Okay, I'm rambling. It's been a very long day and a painful one at that, both emotionally and physically.