November 3, 2010

Ya, I'd Rather Not Tell the Rest of the Story

In case you're wondering why I haven't posted any more of my novel, The Generation, on my blog, it's because of copyright infringements and people stealing my work. I know that may sound harsh, but believe it or not I've already had someone copy another work of mine and claim it as theirs. And believe me every time I see my work with their name on it, it really ticks me off beyond words.

Unfortunately, as a lawyer has told me, there's not really anything I can do since I never had a copyright protection put on it and the original work is written with no way of verifying the dates. I can verify that I wrote it when I was a senior in H.S., but doesn't do me much good now.

So as far as The Generation is concerned, I'm learning by my mistakes and taking a family member's advice this time around. I can tell you this much, I have been adding more to the novel and hopefully it will be complete before the next 10 years.lol




Joy Smith also known as The Insane Writer, is the author of the Sci-Fi novel, The Generation. You can email her at silent_beautie@yahoo.com She can also be found on Twitter @theinsanewriter and you visit her official website at www.theinsanewriter.com.



WomenFreebies.com - Enter to Win Royal Secret II Perfume