October 26, 2010

Baked Caribbean Bagel French Toast Recipe

Since tomorrow starts my work week all over again, I'm up at 450am and never really have time to cook anything for breakfast before I head to work. So, generally I pick up healthy breakfast foods at the store that are quick and easy to eat in the mornings.

Last week I chose whole grain bagels for breakfast and found out fairly quickly that a bagel alone is not enough to last me until my break time since both proteins and carbs are a must for me.

So, instead of rushing off to the store to pick up some other breakfast foods, I took the remainder of the bagels and some other produce I needed to use up and turned them into my own recipe for:

Baked Caribbean Bagel French Toast


Here's What I did:

I spread out 4 tablespoons of butter, 1/2 cup light brown sugar and 1/2 cup shredded coconut into a glass baking dish.

Then I mixed together, the juice of 1 Orange, 4 eggs, 1/2 cup coffee creamer, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of nutmeg.


Next I placed the halves of 3 pre-sliced bagels over the coconut mixture in the baking dish.

finally I poured the egg mixture over the bagels, making sure to get the mixture over every bagel slice, covered the dish with aluminum foil and baked it at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.


The dish can be stored in the refrigerator, covered for the next few days and re-heated for a yummy breakfast that isn't plain and boring.


Joy Smith also known as The Insane Writer, is the author of the Sci-Fi novel, The Generation. You can email her at silent_beautie@yahoo.com She can also be found on Twitter @theinsanewriter and you visit her official website at www.theinsanewriter.com.



WomenFreebies.com - Enter to Win Royal Secret II Perfume