August 30, 2010

Turning Down Paid Opinions and Going Back to Working Online

Okay so some of you may be looking at the title of my post and wondering, if she's going back to work online, why on earth would she turn down paid opinions?

One of the biggest reasons I sometimes turn down paid opinions is because it's a product I don't believe in that the company wants a positive review for, or it's just not enough money to be a part of my precious time.

At one point and time, I actually would have been happy to write a 200 word opinion for a whopping few bucks, but it takes at least 20 minutes to research the site and then write my thoughts and finalize the post. That's $4 an hour, not even minimum wage, and let's not forget that taxes haven't even been taken out of that whopping $4 an hour. It really just isn't worth it in my opinion.

However, if I can find enough work online that won't take up my entire day and will pay decently enough on a regular full-time basis, I'm going to start working online once again.

I really miss making my own hours and having the freedom to take off of work when I need to. My job away from home simply does not offer that, even in life and death situations. I actually got pointed for almost dying and not showing up to work even on doctors orders!!!

So, yeah, I would really love to start working online again.