June 1, 2010

Well Why the hell Not?

A while back I was asked about one of my favorite dresses and where I’d purchased it from. And of course my response was I bought it at a local yard sale. To my surprise, the person that asked me, looked at me and said, “You shouldn’t be wearing a used dress.” Well, why not? I have no shame in checking out our local yard sales and thrift stores for great bargains and I told that person that.

People think it’s embarrassing and weird because the clothes have been worn by other people, but let me tell you something. If you think about it, when you shop for new clothing, people try them on and don’t always buy them right? And where do they go? Right back on the sales rack! So, what’s the difference?

Why would you want to spend hundreds of dollars for a couple of outfits when you can spend often less than $5 for the same amount of clothes! Not only is it a fantastic way to save money in this still harsh economy, it’s also a great way to save our environment from the billions of trash piling up in our landfills. Need I say more?
Joy Smith also known as The Insane Writer, is the author of the Sci-Fi novel, The Generation. You can email her at silent_beautie@yahoo.com She can also be found on Twitter @theinsanewriter and you visit her official website at www.theinsanewriter.com.WomenFreebies.com - Enter to Win Royal Secret II Perfume