June 5, 2010

It's 85 Degrees in Our House!

What do you do when it's at least 85 and sometimes hotter in a home and you can't afford an air conditioner or to fix the central air unit.

Since last summer our central air unit has been broke down. I was hoping by now we could get it fixed, but unless I'm willing to pay for it myself, I don't see it really happening.

We did borrow an air conditioner from my father-in-law, but it's small and it has yet to be placed in the window this year to cool down the house.

Lately we've been spending our time outdoors rather than in to cool off, even when it's well after dark. I mean I love the summer months, but this is a little ridiculous. I wonder how my ancestors managed the heat way back when there were no air conditioners or central heat and air units. I guess they just dealt with it since they had no choice!
Joy Smith also known as The Insane Writer, is the author of the Sci-Fi novel, The Generation. You can email her at silent_beautie@yahoo.com She can also be found on Twitter @theinsanewriter and you visit her official website at www.theinsanewriter.com.WomenFreebies.com - Enter to Win Royal Secret II Perfume