April 7, 2010

What Writing is Really All About

I've always said that my passion is my writing. But lately I've discovered that's not quite true. While I still love writing, there are some limits to it on what I am really passionate about. Yes, I write for a living and while I enjoy it for the most part, there are times when I get so damned frustrated that I'm ready to call it quits and take a nice long vacation. However, it's simply not possible since I cannot afford to do so anytime soon.

What really fires up my soul when it comes to writing is my love for creating stories. it's what I started out doing at the age of 5 and continued through high school and a few years beyond that. Then suddenly when the real world hit, I stopped. I found that I had no time and no energy for anything other than work and it's still that way for the most part.

But lately I've realized that because my passion has taken a backseat, I no longer enjoy writing as much as I use to and my work and at-home life is suffering because of it. So not too long ago I was flipping through a magazine when I saw a writing contest and said to myself, "Why Not!" "What have I really got to lose?" So somewhere inside the fire is still burning and I'm hoping that it will grow bigger and bigger soon. I guess that first step is the writing contest, then onto another, then back to my novel and after that, who knows! But, right now I'm simply a rambler who needs to end this post.

Joy Smith also known as The Insane Writer, is the author of the Sci-Fi novel, The Generation. You can email her at silent_beautie@yahoo.com She can also be found on Twitter @theinsanewriter and you visit her official website at www.theinsanewriter.com.

WomenFreebies.com - Enter to Win Royal Secret II Perfume