April 27, 2010

Fishing Outside of the Box


Today, was a nice day for fishing, despite the fact I wore a jacket and a coat in the nearly 70 degree temperatures. When we fish we usually only keep flathead and channel catfish, but today I talked the other half into keeping a drum fish for us to try.

And as it turns out drum fish is just as yummy as catfish, but reminds me of a bass taste. It was definitely delicious and a shame that in the past we threw all the drum we caught back into the lake. Well, no more! Unfortunately I didn't get pics, but I will the next time, which chances are will be tomorrow!


Joy Smith also known as The Insane Writer, is the author of the Sci-Fi novel, The Generation. You can email her at silent_beautie@yahoo.com She can also be found on Twitter @theinsanewriter and you visit her official website at www.theinsanewriter.com.WomenFreebies.com - Enter to Win Royal Secret II Perfume