January 28, 2010

Technology VS. the Old Fashioned Way

I don't know about the rest of the world, but I started paying our insurance online instead of in person. At first my husband wasn't too happy about it since he likes to have cash in hand and see where the money is being spent, but after a while he's decided he doesn't mind not having to talk to our insurance agent when it's really not necessary. It's really a time saver for the most part since our insurance company isn't too far from where we live, but still it's well worth it in my opinion.

I know my family still pays bills the old fashioned way even if it means driving an hour or so away just to pay that bill. Now they don't drive clear to another state if it's hundreds of miles away (instead they send a money order), but if it's near by, they drive there. In my opinion that's a lot of gas money they could be saving. But then again they don't have a computer and I think in a way it's a way of getting them out of the house.

What do you think? Do you pay your bills online or do you still do it the old fashioned way?