January 22, 2010

Life

years ago when I was still young, healthy and had more energy that I could ever dream possible, I never really considered the fact that I might need to visit a site like www.wholesaleinsurance.net. I mean why would I need a life insurance policy, right?

Well, then I had kids and things changed. I mean I even decided that I needed not only life insurance, but I needed to fill out a will as well. And then I started working as a CNA in nursing homes and learned not everyone was elderly.

I remember this one lady who had the last stages of lung cancer. She was maybe at the most in her late 30's and I thought wow. Every day I would take my lunch break with her and spend it seeing how she was doing. There were days when things were extremely rough for her and she just couldn't breathe. She never complained about not getting enough oxygen and needing more because she knew there was nothing the nurses or doctors could really do.

She just wanted someone to be there for her so she wouldn't have to go through the pain alone. It was sad too because I don't ever remember a day where family or friends came by to visit her. I hope I never have to be in that situation and I'm glad I'll have something saved back as far as insurance so my family won't have to worry about out of pocket expenses.