January 17, 2010

An Easy Lunch


Sometimes even the simplest foods can make you go mmm. For instance, not too long ago I was trying to figure out what was for lunch. Our cabinets were down to the bare essentials and there were only a few fruits and vegetables in the refrigerator. One of those vegetables just happen to be acorn squash.

I was actually introduced to this wonderful vegetable when my brother-in-law shared his acorn squash harvest from his garden. So I decided this was going to be my lunch! I ended up slicing the vegetable, spritzing it with a bit of olive oil, tossing some garlic powder, a little dash of chipotle pepper, lemon juice and Parmesan over it and baked it in the oven for about 10 minutes. Let me tell you it was delicious!

So the next time you think there is absolutely nothing to eat for lunch, check your fruit and vegetable selection. You may very well discover a love for a simple dish that isn't processed!





WomenFreebies.com - Enter to Win Royal Secret II Perfume