October 7, 2009

Actor Harry Connick Jr. Sings Your Songs? Did I Hear That Right??


If you're a fan of the hit television show, "Will and Grace", then you may remember Harry Connick Jr. as being Grace's (Debra Messing) fiance during the final season of the show And really, who could blame her for wanting to spend the rest of her life with him. Of course that's on screen. Off screen Harry Connick Jr is not only mult-talented in both the acting and singing world, he's also a father and a husband. Again, who could blame his wife for wanting to spend the rest of her life with him.


Of course I'm very sure there's more to meets the eye than just with his looks, acting and music, but his talents sure help!

So for his fans there is the release of his latest CD album titled,"Your Songs." The album contains a collection of classics like "Can’t Help Falling In Love"You" (Elvis Presley) and "Just The Way You Are" (Billy Joel) -all sang by Harry Connick Jr. in his own style.

I must admit I'm not a huge fan of Harry's acting, but when I was privileged enough to receive his CD album for review thanks to One2One Network, I can say I'm a huge fan of his music. He just has that voice that is very soothing and very easy to listen to. And his choice of songs are an easy listen when you need to unwind from a stressful day. No heavy loud music, just light and classy. I even saw my kids be-bopping to his tunes and that is certainly a rare treat!

Now I do have to admit I wasn't really all that excited about his remake of Elvis's classic, "Can't Help Falling in Love", but it's not easy to remake any of Elvis's songs in most fans eyes. Still, there's a song by Frank Sinatra on this album that I thought was very well done by Harry, so I really think the Elvis song just wasn't the right choice for this album.

All in all however, the CD is fantastic and will make a great add to collection for every Harry Connick Jr. fan.

So if you're a fan and want to know more of what's on the album, then you can visit Harry's Official Website or you can let him know what you think of his music by leaving him a post on his Facebook Page. And then don't forget to add his CD to your Christmas Wish list!