September 25, 2009

Old School Stuff

Allie climbed onto the mattress with a sigh pulling the covers up over her. She wasn’t tired. There was so much more she wanted to ask Matt. Finally she said. “It seems so strange not to be at home in my own bed.”

“Yeah.” Matt said.

“Who are you really?” She asked.

“What do you mean?” He asked startled.

“I mean who are you? Why did someone try to kill you?"

“You sure do ask a lot of questions." he said.

“I know." She said.

Finally he replied. “Get some sleep."

“You don’t trust me do you?" She asked.

“It’s not that." He said.

“Then what is it?" she asked.

“It’s me. That’s all." he said.

It wasn’t an answer and he knew it, but she didn’t want to push him away further, so she left it at that.

“I know this maybe crazy, but I care about you. I just don’t want you to get hurt.” She suddenly found herself saying.

“What?” Matt asked sleepily.

“Nothing.” She sighed knowing he hadn’t heard a word she just said. Outside the nightlife kept on. Soon Allie found herself drifting off to sleep.