September 14, 2009

Kiwi -It's What's For Breakfast

This morning was one of those mornings that I decided to clean out the refrigerator for breakfast. I had a kiwi that had been in there for a little while now and I hate wasting food. So I sliced this simple treat up and induldged in it for breakfast.

Usually I don't even eat breakfast, but lately I've learned if I skip meals I get very bad headaches and that was proof last night. I've also learned that junk food is only okay once in a great while and as so many of us already know, you are what you eat. It's also not a good example to be setting for our kids.

Not too long ago the kids and I started experimenting with our new found friend, a fun shaped popsicle tray. So far we've made kiwi popsicles, herbal tea popsicles and plain old tea popsicles. In the beginning I thought it would be a bad thing to have since popsicles are generally loaded with sugars and other fake ingredients, but I've since learned it's not the popsicles that are bad, it's what we parents put into them.

So I'm wondering, what you as readers enjoy as a healthy breakfast and what ingredients you would include into the popsicle trays for a special treat?