March 5, 2009

Skippy Misleading Peanut Butter Lovers

A few weeks ago I found myself lured down the peanut butter isle at wal-mart. I wanted to buy a jar of natural peanut butter to cut out sugars in our household. Skippy Natural caught my eye, so I grabbed it without reading the label, because of course Skippy is a trusted brand. Or so I thought.

Tonight when I decided to open that jar of peanut butter for a snack I tasted sweetness and a lot of it! So I checked the back of the label and sugar was one of the main ingredients in that jar!

Now okay so some of you may be thinking, sugar is natural. Not when it's processed and sugar is processed. As a matter of fact, I've learned that sugar is actually a drug and more addictive that cocaine! It can cause numerous health problems and hyperactivity in children. So, it's considered a chemical.

So what I'm wondering is why the heck is Skippy claiming their peanut butter is natural, when it's obviously not???????? One thing is for certain, it's a sad world when a trusted brand lies to it's consumers. I wonder how many other trusted brands are doing the same thing.