February 10, 2009

A Watchful Eye


My mother use to ask me why I don't wear a watch. My mother-in-law wondered at one point why there are not a lot of clocks around our home. I'm just not the type of person that needs to keep a watchful eye on time I guess.

I have a watch. Not a nice one like a Breguet, but it does the job just fine. And to be honest, I rarely ever wear it.

I think for the most part it's because I have a clock on my cell phone. There's a clock in the one of the kids' rooms and there's a clock in our bedroom. There's also a clock on the DVD/VHS player. Do we really need more?

To me keeping track of time is like never getting anything done. I do understand that at times you need to know what the time is so you don't miss appointments or meetings, but for me I don't need to stare at the time every second of the day. Sometimes when someone asks me what time it is I feel like saying, get a watch. But that is another story.lol