January 7, 2009

When You Can't Afford to Spend Big Bucks on a Wedding


Wedding Planning Guides won't be very useful until springtime hits. I noticed that when I went to a wedding show in my hometown during the spring. I had originally wanted to get married in October, but due to my son's much needed surgery, we pushed the date forward so that he and his brothers could attend the wedding.

Another thing I've noticed is that most brides are planning their own weddings and forgoing the wedding planners. I did almost everything myself, including making the invitations because it was so much cheaper that way. By the time everything was said and done we had spent a total of $60 for our wedding. No, I'm really not kidding. $35 was the license and everything else was either borrowed or bought with a very reasonable price tag. My wedding dress alone was a cash gift from my old boss and cost me a whopping $30 used online, and that included shipping!

So you see weddings do not need to be expensive and they can still be elegant. Shop around and look at different wedding guides Check out the hottest products. More than likely if they're a popular item, it's because they're unique or has a very reasonable price tag. As I said there's no reason to spend a fortune on a wedding and at times like these, it's just insane to do so!