January 26, 2009

Still in Question

I can't believe its been 4 days since my last post. I guess I need to try to update more often. I actually didn't think it had been that long!

With all of the talk of lay offs, life has been very busy. I've been working non-stop with the exception of weekends and even lately I've been working those.

This week is when my husband will know if he's being laid off or not. I'm pretty sure he's very nervous even though he rarely acts that way. His nervousness consisted today of, Well, this week I'll know. He's been pretty much counting down the time and spending a lot of time talking to his dad about the lay off.

I was also informed that one of my cousins was laid off at Acme Foundry in Coffeyville, Kansas. He was told that 75 people were laid off there, including himself.

My aunt who was suppose to get hired on at Spears in Caney, Kansas may very well be at risk as well. She was offered a job after she was let go from Amazon (they were weeding out full-timers to temp only), but that was several months ago. Now that every company has been laying off, I wonder if she'll still have the job to go to after she gets my uncle settled.

Jobs are scarce and more and more people are doing what they can to stay afloat. It's gone as far as some women are forming a coop with one man for a house. Not something I would ever do, but everyone is entitled to their own way of life just as long as it doesn't hurt anyone I guess.