January 20, 2009

Our Weekend Entertainment Splurge

Since we had a blockbuster coupon for a 99 cent rental and an unlimited rentals coupon for $1.99 my husband and I decided to take advantage of the savings and rent a few movies over the weekend.

The weekend before last we rented Babylon A.D. starring actor Vin Disel. Unfortunately I have never seen the Babylon television series, so I really don't know how well it goes along with that. I can say it was a fairly enjoyable movie that reminded me a lot of his character Riddick from the Pitch Black and Chronicles movies. If you want to know more about the movie, my recommendation is to head to the Babylon A.D. link. I'm not good with giving out details and not spoiling a plot.lol I can tell you this, if you like the Riddick movies, you'll enjoy Babylon A.D.

Another movie we saw over the weekends this month was My Best Friend's Girl. It's a HA HA comedy starring actress Kate Hudson. When we rented it, we were told by the employees at blockbuster that it wasn't a great movie. However, we really enjoyed it. But, if you're offended by sexual humor then I don't recommend this movie because that's what the entire movie is about! The guy goes on dates with other guys' girls to try to make them lousy and get the girls to go running back to their old boyfriends.

And finally, Mirrors. This was probably my second fave out of the three of these movies. It's a horror movie starring actor Kiefer Sutherland. I like Kiefer Sutherland despite his baby boy image and it's been a while since I've seen him in anything really good. And I was not disappointed! While it's not the type that will jump right out and scare you, it's still twisted and the ending is a tear jerker.