January 6, 2009

No Longer Wasting My Time

I'm always looking for ways to get more done in my life, but usually I wind up not finding the time to do so. Between work, paying off debt, finding a vehicle, cleaning, cooking and caring for the kids, my plate winds up being pretty full. Then, it dawned on me.

There are times like I had Saturday when I was traveling that I realized I can use the time to write out rough drafts for work or schedules for the week. When I'm on long trips as a passenger or at the doctor's office or dental office waiting as I have done quite a bit lately. I realized I can use this time wisely instead of wasting it. I can do the same things that I normally do at home and save time!

I mean really! There's no reason I can't bring a notebook and write. It's not like anyone is going to stop me and say hey you can't do that. Well, maybe myself!

And ironically, this way of thinking isn't anything new to me. I'd read about these ideas before in magazines and books, and by researching other articles online. Yet, I continued to go about my old way of doing things, until now. Now I've realized that I need to stop burning myself out and make use of the spare time I have. Isn't great how one day away from home can change a person's perspective!