January 22, 2009

A New Social Network Site


With the recent economy meltdown, I'm always looking for new ways to promote my blog and my website. So, when a new opportunity sows itself, I'm all eyes.

Lately, I've been hearing a little about Acobay, a new social network whose goal is to promote bloggers. It's certainly an interesting concept, but I'm wondering with it being new, how will their company survive in the current economic crisis.

The unique thing about Acobay however, is that they want you to share stuff you own and places you've been. But, really I'm not sure why other members would want to know about the stuff you own unless you have it up for sale. Now the places you've been, I could see because it's an easy way to explore the world.

I'm just learning about the network, so I can't honestly say that I love it. To me it's just another social network where I can promote my work!!! But, who knows! I may find that I like it even more in the near future and blog more about it. Until then, feel free to check it out for yourself and let me know what you think.