November 30, 2008

Snowing soon in Independence Kansas


Last night our local weather station called for a chance of snow. So, we brought out a bunch of movies to watch this weekend, just in case it did. Generally, most people drive in snow and have no problems with it.

However, you do not know what my husband's truck is truly like. He can barely make it to and from work, so driving it out of town is a big no-no. If there are places we need to go that require driving a distance, we borrow his dad's jeep or we ride with someone else.

With the winter weather now here, one thing I know he doesn't have is tire chains. As a matter of fact, very few people do have those around here. I wonder why that is. You would think when there is a lot of snow and ice on the ground, tire chains would come in handy. Last year we had a really bad snow storm.

So bad that my ex-boss and I couldn't see coming back from Amazon. The roads were very slick and our town's highways had numerous accidents reported that year. One of them happened to be my husband who slid into a ditch on Peter Pan Rd. Luckily it wasn't a serious accident.