November 18, 2008

Pondering a Domain Name


I've really been giving a lot of thought into getting my own domain name. I know I've mentioned this before, but the one thing that worries me is whether I would be able to continue the web hosting services or if it will all come crashing down with the economy as it is.

Not too long ago I looked into webhostinggeeks.com. I liked the fact that they give you an idea of several different hosts by review. I like to know what the company is like from personal experience.

I was actually looking at Bluehost since it seems to be rated in the top spots of the site's reviews. There are a few great options that bluehost has, and I like the idea of a domain name forever. Then again, if I ever decided that I didn't want to keep it, that offer would be pointless.

I also noticed that web hosting geeks has free google adwords and free yahoo marketing. Those both might come in handy in the future. One thing I want to say about getting my own site. I don't want just one for the Insane Writer. I've been looking into the possibility of other sites as well.

What do you guys think? What would you go with? Would you use any of the sites listed? If not, what do you use? Any advice?


Please Note: This is a paid post and is sponsored by web hosting geeks and payperpost.