November 20, 2008

Part of My Job


Lately I've been writing about health issues when it comes to work. One of the articles I just finished writing about was on "trans fats." Before I start writing any article, I do a lot of research on it, whether I know the subject by heart or not. It's amazing what you learn even if you think you know a subject.

For those who are unfamiliar with what "trans fats" are, they are the reason many of us are at risk for heart disease, cancer, and other health related problems. Some very bad stuff.

They can also make you gain weight. The more we eat of the stuff, the more we store fat. After I started working on health articles, I started taking notice more of what I was feeding my family. The biggest culprit that puts many of us at risk is processed foods. Crackers, cookies, cakes, you name it, it's generally bad for you.

Some of us tend to try to cut back on the stuff. Yep, I've been there and done that. And others try exercise. I've done that too. But, then there are those of us who try the diet pills. These are pretty darn scary. Especially if you have no idea what you're buying.

For instance, most of us have probably sometime in our lives tried fat burners. And of course, either they worked or they didn't. Now while I've never had a fat burning pill do many any harm, I did take an energy pill that left me very, very sick. So be very careful when you consider taking any kind of pill that claims to help you burn fat, lose weight or give you energy! Some are harmless, some are not!