October 23, 2008

You're Damn Right!

I was reading a recent article on actor Jerry Lewis (no he's not in trouble for carrying heat again!)and I must say, WELL SAID!!

When Jerry Lewis was asked about retirement by the media he wanted to know why. I have to agree. Why would you want to stop doing something you love even at the age of 82. I know I certainly don't plan to give up my writing when I'm in my 80's or beyond! I think it is wonderful that he is getting out there and being active in the things he loves. I only wish my grandmother would have done the same.

Sadly instead, she stayed in her house for the last few years of her life and never really went outdoors unless she was forced to. It was so bad that at one point she even refused to go outside and check her mail. She missed a lot and I wonder in the end if she regretted it.

I don't know about you, but I don't plan on leaving this world lying down.