October 7, 2008

Picking Up the Trash

Last Sunday my husband and I took the kids to Reichenberger's Corn Maze and Pumpkin Patch which is just outside of Independence, Kansas. The kids had already been there once before because the school took a field trip there. However, it was nice for all of us to go together and just enjoy the day, like my husband said.

One of the really fun things to do there is to go through the corn maze that is shaped like a scarecrow. We let the kids each lead in turn until one of them got us lost and then the other would lead.lol It was a blast.

But the most amazing part of our day there was my husband's determination to keep the maze clean from trash. Just about every step of the way he was looking for trash that others had left along the trail or in between the corn stalks. I was impressed. It's the first time I have ever seen him go out of his way for something he did not have to do.

I guess he was having a really good day.lol After the corn maze, we picked pumpkins to carve for Halloween. Mine is a white pumpkin. Then, my husband and the kids chucked pumpkins by slingshot, into a bucket for a chance to win prize money or beef for a year. The kids also had their pictures taken courtesy of my sister-in-law! Check it out! It was a great time.