October 27, 2008

A Life Less Lived


I don't really know anyone who hasn't been affected in some way or another by alcohol. Drinking it in simple moderation can be okay for some, but not everyone is able to control such an easily addictive drug.

Neither of my parents drank alcohol, so I grew up knowing very little of what alcohol could do to you. Then I met someone who became bitter an angry every time they drank. Even in small amounts the alcohol would completely take them over and they would become emotionally abusive.

Eventually I removed myself from being around that person and to this day I wish they would have considered going to an alcohol treatment center. They've passed on now from liver damage caused by the drug, yet their passing wasn't what caused the most hurt. Their drinking problem was.

I guess I will never really understand why some love the addiction of the substance. For me it's a yucky feeling the next day that I simply do not want to repeat, so I avoid the stuff. For others I guess it's an entirely different feeling, one that only they could love.

Please Note: This is a paid post and is sponsored by Promises and Payperpost.