October 20, 2008

Kicking Around Website Ideas


For a while now I've been kicking around the idea of my own website instead of just a blog. Several years ago I did happen to have my own website for my writing. The only reason I don't currently have it is because I never really did anything major with it and it wasn't worth the price at the time.

Since I've been focusing on freelance writing with the Insane Writer Blog, I've had some success and I've been wondering if I transfer this blog to a domain name, would it be even better? The only thing I don't really like about a web hosting blog is the fact that it that there is a lot more upkeep involved to keep it running smoothly.

And then there's the question of where do you turn to when you're looking for a good web host or domain name service? Who do you choose? I like the idea behind Web Hosting Geeks and their reviews and ratings on the best services for web hosting and domain names. It gives me an idea of what's worth it and what's not.

What do you think? is web hosting geeks worth the visit? Would you use it if you were looking for web hosting services?