October 6, 2008

The Disadvantage of Being Self-Employed


Unfortunately one of the disadvantages of being self-employed I have discovered, is that you're on your own when it comes to health and life insurance benefits. So lately I've been doing a lot of research on both.

The main reason is because I am still not able to get on my husband's insurance at this time. It seems that every time he calls, we're given a later month/date on when we can enroll me on his insurance. And without it, I am unable to be seen by a doctor unless I have big bucks.

So I've finally became fed up and I've been looking into things like term life insurance quotes and health quotes on my own. It's not easy and I've found than many insurance companies are very expensive! So until I can decide what is what and where I am going from here, I've changed my eating habits for the better and I'm still doing yoga!