October 2, 2008

And You Think You Have Issues


A while back I won an apple ipod which I am so far loving. Then I went to John Chow's blog and saw his post on his new found love for the apple notebooks. I've been scouting around for a new laptop for a while now. While I know there are a lot of different laptops out there, I'm no longer keen on the idea of buying some brand that is cheap. So I was thinking of an apple. I mean heck if everyone loves it, then it must be good!

Plus with all of the environmental issues that have been popping up all over the place lately, and I'm kinda wondering if I buy a cheap laptop, will the government penalize me for it later, since it probably won't be eco-friendly? Soooo. I'm wondering if it'd be worth the extra price if the laptop is better for the environment? I know I don't want technology to be filling up the landfill, that's for sure! So I guess I just answered my own question.lol

I've also been thinking about a wireless router. Before my laptop went to crap, I found one of the many wireless routers that my husband had lying around the garage and tried it out. At that time, I swore I'd never go back to anything else again! The idea of me being able to get online outdoors and enjoy the sunshine while I worked, was sooo very wonderful. But, then my laptop went to crap and I am now unable to use a router without having my laptop crash.

Now I doubt wireless routers can be environmentally safe, I mean at least not to my knowledge, but who knows! I do know that stinkin hp laser toner in my printer isn't. I bought it at a last minute's notice in an effort to print out about 60 wedding invitations, so my mind was far from being green at that time. Sorry.

I think however since my toner is going out, I will look into getting something that is safer for the environment the next time I go shopping. Ya, I've lost my mind and have gone environmental crazy lately.lol As a matter of fact, I wonder what else I can change out in the house. I know the light bulbs are the first to go! I was also looking at other eco-friendly products like cleaning supplies. I thought about getting those the last time we were out and about. Even the hubby pointed them out.lol

I think it's because he's tired of smelling stuff like bleach. I don't blame him though. The stuff gets to me too. Not good to be really breathing it either. Well, I think I am done rambling. I'm going to call it a night and start all over again tomorrow.